Facts about Website Promotion:
1. You MUST promote your website. The Reason? You are competing with many other businesses. You can't just drop your site in humongous Internet pool and expect immediate clicks and sales. Think about your site not as an advertising, but as a store-front that needs to be advertised to be found.
2. Search engine marketing (SEM) is a minimum you must do for your site, otherwise NO ONE will ever find it.
3. SEO + relevant links + great content + social media for sharing it and building your community is a lean formula for online success.
4. You can promote your website yourself - there are many do-it-yourself resources available, subscribe to Internet marketing newsletters, build relevant links, keep learning and experimenting, but don't kid yourself - it is very time-consuming.
5. If you decide to hire professional help, start with your web design company - see if they provide search engine optimization and website promotion services or if they can recommend someone who does.
6. Your website promotion doesn't have to be expensive, but it has to be ongoing.
7. There are quite a few 800-pound gorillas out there with large advertising budgets and brand-name recognition that you can't beat. BUT most of your competition are probably businesses just like you. If you persistent in promoting your site, you will find your place on the first pages of Google.
By Zhenya Beck